Organic Strawberry Mushroom Magic Smoothie
I know what you're thinking...mushrooms??!!! Yes! But don't be scared. This smoothie is so yummy, you will not even know they are in there. BUT if you're still scared, go ahead and replace the mushrooms with a teaspoon of spirulina and two handfuls of organic spinach. Your smoothie will not be pretty in pink anymore, but will be loaded with green goodness instead of, uh..fungus.
In a blender, blend together:
- 1 1/2 cups of organic unsweetened coconut milk (can substitute with raw almond milk or other non-dairy milk)
- slightly less than one scoop of vegan protein
- 12 ounces of frozen organic strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1/8 tsp of alcohol free vanilla (or use vanilla bean)
- two twists of himalayan sea salt
- organic stevia to taste (or raw honey/raw agave/raw coconut sugar)
*mushroom complex (Madre Labs makes a great one) just break open a veggie cap or two
-BLEND WELL! Add another 1/2 cup of milk as you blend because your smoothie will be extra thick.
-Makes about 4 cups